Thursday, March 29, 2012

Preschool Portions

One of the funniest things about my job is that I am slowing learning Spanish. My vocabulary is extremely limited, and I definitely don't know how to spell anything. Most of what I learn is from two and a half year olds, so it also is not very grammatically correct. I also might not be pronouncing it right because children do not speak well. Yesterday I learned a very interesting word, or phrase I should say, for one such student. He was building a tower of Mega Blocks and dropped a couple on the ground shouting, "Puta madre!" One of the Spanish speaking teachers looks at him with a serious look on her face and said something very stern in Spanish. I'm used to the children shouting, "Su cayĆ³!" meaning, "It fell!" I asked the teacher what he had said. Turns out a little two and half year old said, "Mother F$#%er!" The teacher asked him why he say that, he innocently answered, "Two blocks fell," with a cute little child look on his face.
Now, luckily, if I jam my finger in Mexico or South America I can proclaim my pain in their native tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment