Wednesday, January 1, 2014

National Resolution Day

Happy New Year! Today is a day to look back on the past year; remember some of the sad moment, relish in the good ones. I'm not doing a "Top Ten of the Past Year" or a bunch of pictures from my favorite moments. I am only writing.

This year I have decided I am not making resolutions like I usually do. People make a list of goals for the upcoming year, but typically do little to achieve them. Then, at the end of the year, feel bad about not working harder so they vow to work even harder the next year. This is a vicious cycle that I am stopping for myself today.

This year for me, lack of a better word, resolution I am vowing to have a better year than last. The past four years have been rough for me. I usually just put on strong face for everyone else, then break down once I'm alone. This year I'm not doing that. I am going let people know how I feel and not let everything tumble down on top of me.

The future already looks much brighter. This year I will be graduating college! (A day I thought may never come with some of the obstacles I've had.) With graduating college the world will be my oyster, and I shall treat it as such. I will truly have the opportunity to put myself first, something I struggle with a lot. With the opportunity I will be able to decide what it is a really want. Do I want to stay in the area I grew up in? Do I want to move to Salt Lake like I've been telling myself? Do I need to stay close to Trae? Do I need to be close to my family? Would leaving Utah really be the best option for me? I don't know the answers to these questions yet. But I will.

This is my New Years Resolution: This year I am going to start living my life for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment