Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Best Two Years


 Today is the 2nd anniversary of when I met Chris and Dani (Trae's parents).


I was terrified. I remember thinking, "What if they don't want a baby that looks like me?"


Well they were delighted when they saw him for the first time at the ultrasound.


And their families were quite thrilled, also.


I got to know Chris' sister, Ashley, and her kids pretty well.


And we went to an adoption conference. Dani got to feel the baby kick, after much effort on my part!


We went shopping, and apparently did a bit of modeling.


They visited me on and off in the hospital.


And even on the hardest night of my life they still got me laughing.


We then kept a friendship.


And continued hanging out.



They even let me take on some "mothery roles."


We play.


We take poorly lit photos, very rarely though.


And we go to Thanksgiving Point more than any other group of people I know.


Sometimes I envy them. Sometimes they make me cry. Sometimes they make me angry.
But I love them every minute, of every day.
They are my son's parents, and I could not have picked two people better qualified for the job.
They are two of my very best friends. And I am so glad they are in my life.

1 comment: