Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mom for a day, or two or three..

So for today, tomorrow, and Friday I am taking care of three girls. Their parents are both out of town and so I have moved right in and am loving it!
The oldest girl, Celeste, is 16 and mortified that someone is there to take care of her. But I'm mostly there to take care of the younger girls, though it won't hurt for someone to keep an eye on her. She kept apologizing last night. But, to be honest, I am overjoyed to take care of them.
The middle is Sydney. She is 11 and likes me a lot. I don't think she remembers me from when she was little, but since I'm becoming an elementary school teacher she think I'm pretty great.
Then there is Brooke. Brooke is 5 and is probably the funniest little girl I have ever met. Her dad told me when I got there that she likes to get in trouble and like to disobey. "Great," I thought. Luckily for me I wore a purple jacket and yellow headband. "I love purple and yellow, so I like you," Brooke said just after I got there.
Tonight Celeste and Sydney will be going to their dad's house so it will just be me and Brooke, then tomorrow I'll pick up Brooke from the bus stop at 12:20, so it will just be me and her again. I have a feeling this will quite a riot.

The only negative thing about this nanny job is that it throw the decision I made to not parents my own baby in my face. I love the parents of my baby, but even the most perfect people in the world parenting my child still wouldn't make my life better. No matter how you swing it, concerning me, this is the worst decision I have ever made. I wish that knowing my baby is in the best place for him was enough, but that's all for him. And my happiness is only partially dependent on his, not completely. I would love to even just babysit him. But I'm afraid that would be inappropriate to say.

Brooke's Funny Comment of the Day:
"I need to put my eyebrows in the fish tank now."

No comments:

Post a Comment