Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Preschool Portions

So I've been teaching preschool for six months now. I love it every second of everyday.

Now, I am an AWFUL story teller, but I just have to jot a few of these wonders down!

One thing I love is that no two days are the same. One day there can be screaming and 5 poopy diapers to change, then the next day they are all angels and keep there poop in until they go home with mom.

In the beginning of January I had a day that was a nightmare at the time, but hilarious to look back on. There is a two and a half year old boy, Brian, who is a very large boy. He is the only one his age who is not potty trained and when he needs a change you can smell it from across the room. I was the lucky one to smell it first. I took him back to change his diaper and thought I was going to hurl. I don't think there is a child out there who has more smelly diapers. Ten minutes after I get back a little girl, Jocelyn, needed to pee. Now we are aware that she isn't fully potty trained, at this time we didn't know that. I take her, she pees, then I straddle her across my leg to hold her up to the sink to wash her hands. When I put her down there is a big wet spot on my leg. A big, wet, URINE spot. I wasn't directly peed on, but I wasn't not peed on. Then, at the end of the day, we were playing with a table that is four tubs filled with corn kernels. One of my favorite boy, Arturo, out of nowhere, leans forward into the tub and barfs. Luckily, I was standing right next to him so I picked him up and let him continue to throw up onto the table clothe we lay on the ground. Then, for some reason I am unaware of, he stops, looks at me, steps into it, and barfs on my shoe. Since I also had to get cleaned up I got the glorious job of taking him to the bathroom and scrubbing the nast out of the crevasses of his tiny shoes. When I finally got home I wanted to just crawl in bed forever. After I out my urine pants in the wash. But, the next day I was excited to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment